Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Learning Journal 16

Today I read "Diagnosing and Treating the Ophelia Syndrome". It was a pretty interesting article and really made me think about myself. It made me question whether I think whatever I am told to think or whether I truly do think for myself. I know I ask people what they think about a certain subject and when they tell me their opinion that generally becomes mine. Unless I really don't agree with what they say. Especially when teachers or people in authority say things I generally believe them. I hadn't really realized this about myself until I read this article. It made me think about why I am this way. Why do I believe what people say or think they way the tell me to? Maybe it's because I'm not really confident in my own thoughts or feelings about things. Maybe it's because I don't really believe what I say either. I think this is why I have trouble critically analyzing things and situations. I know that this could be a potential problem as I go into the field because I am not only going to have to get information but I am going to have to analyze it as well. This article made me realize I need to learn how to think for myself and not just believe anything someone tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment