Friday, January 7, 2011

Learning Journal 2

The time I spent today doing research was very productive. I couldn't really find anything related to my project but it was productive in the sense that it helped me to narrow down my project ideas. My project originally was going to be about the physical education programs in the schools. Upon further research I discovered that no emphasis is really put that heavily on physical activity in a formal education. I realized that I needed to maybe research the effects of not having physical education in the school system. Also I found out that obesity is a big problem in Tonga. I could also research that aspect of their culture and go into childhood obesity as well. Here is a rough plan of how my project might go:

Project ideas

-obesity

-cultural reasons for obesity

-causes

-food choices/availability

-cultural causes

-effects

-problems with obesity

-associated diseases

-prevention

-choices

-physical activity

-culture

-obesity in children

-cultural differences between male and females

-emphasis on physical education?

No comments:

Post a Comment